If you’re looking for your next big career opportunity, join the dynamic and innovative team at N.E.T.R. Inc., as an HVAC Installer. We’re always looking to bring on hard-working, goal-oriented team members that excellence in customer service and HVAC installation. Learn about what it takes to become an HVAC Installer at N.E.T.R. Inc., below.
HVAC Installer – Job Description
N.E.T.R. Inc., is a growing company in Boston, MA, that provides heating and air conditioning solutions for residential and commercial customers throughout Massachusetts. As an HVAC Installer, you will be responsible for overseeing and performing installations of heating and air conditioning equipment in both environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an HVAC Installer, you will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities daily:
- Install Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning systems and refrigeration system in residential and commercial environments
- Correctly install all of the following components of an HVAC or refrigeration system, per instructions, diagrams, or blueprints:
- Electrical Wiring
- Pipes and Tubing
- Thermostats, Humidistats, Timers, and Control Panels
- Expansion and Discharge Valves
- Air Ducts
- Additional HVAC Equipment
- Safely operate power tools — saws, drills, etc.
- Direct crane operations for roof installations
- Test electrical circuits and components
- Check all pipes and joints for leaks
- Ensure all systems comply with the plan specifications and guidelines
- Set up and calibrate HVAC systems according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Perform startup of HVAC and refrigeration equipment and complete startup reports
- Recommend preventative and general maintenance schedules for new installations
- Repair or replace broken or defective equipment, components, and wiring
- Test all equipment after repairs to ensure the system is in working order
- Process customer payments via electronic credit card swipe
- Display a team-oriented mindset by:
- Providing training to new HVAC Installers
- Reporting on the progress of new hires
- Maintaining a consistent work attendance
- Check-in with your project manager or installation coordinator at the start of shift and the end of shift
- Follow company procedures, policies, standards, and safety rules
Qualifications and Expectations
If you can see yourself working in this fast-paced, customer-oriented company, then we want you on our team. We expect our employees to maintain a professional appearance and provide the best impression of our company whenever you are out on the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 Years of Experience in HVAC Installation or Similar Field
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- OSHA Technician Level Certification
- DOT Medical Card
- A Clean and Professional Appearance
- Acquire and Maintain the Required Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to Lift and Move Heavy Equipment Safely
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A Team-Player Mentality
- Willingness to Work Overtime to See a Job Done Well
- Basic Reading, Writing, and Mathematical Skills
- Ability to Problem-Solve
N.E.T.R. Inc., offers a competitive salary to our employees with possible bonuses and expects exceptional work ethic and professionalism in return. We pay overtime as time and a half for any hours worked after eight hours on the clock in a day.
We expect our team to look and act professionally and will provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
Can you see yourself as a part of N.E.T.R. Inc.? Join our team as an HVAC Installer and build your career with a company that cares about the quality and consistency of your training and development.