Here is the Latest Update on Mass Save and CEC Rebates – FEBRUARY 2019
Mass CEC is Ending Energy Efficiency Rebate for Ductless Mini-Splits
Effective March 20, 2019
If you heat your home with oil or propane you have a small window of opportunity to save an additional $2000 with Mass CEC rebates on a multi-zone ductless mini-split system.
This is not a gimmick!
Recent cutbacks to Federal funding and clean energy incentives have dramatically impacted the Mass CEC rebate program, but there is till time to get some of this money.
PLEASE ACT NOW!
We need to have your system installed and your rebate paperwork submitted by March 20, 2019!
THESE REBATES WILL BE REDUCED DRAMATICALLY ON MARCH 20TH!
These savings are just the beginning…
Since the rebate amounts were increased, we’ve been swamped with installations on the North and South Shores, Mission Hill, Beacon Hill, the North End, Cambridge and the Back Bay. Not only will these customers save money on installation, but ductless heating and cooling is up to 40% more efficient than traditional systems which will save them big on energy costs for years to come.
See how these Reading, MA homeowners trimmed their $3000 heating oil bill to $0 in one season, and saved 60% on their overall energy costs.
Click here for the story
We can help you with this process!
We’ve helped hundreds of residents all over the greater Boston area take advantage of this free money to make the transition to super-efficient ductless heating and cooling.
Check out the unprecedented rebate amounts on the following chart. You could save thousands! When you’re ready, download the application or schedule a conversation with us to get the ball rolling.
Check out the ductless installation we did in this South End Brownstone.
Read more here
Mass Save Heat Loan Process
Step 1: Call us at 781-933-6387.
Step 2: Our Specialist will explain program at Energy Audit.
What you will need
- Install qualifying product by licensed contractor, like N.E.T.R., Inc.
- AHRI certificate (for AC & Heat Pump rebates only – please keep the original for you records).
- Must be customer of participating utility
- Obtain invoice with model #, size in tons, date and location of installation, and installation cost.
- Within 90 days of installation: Main AHRI cert, rebate application, copy of utility bill, invoice from contractor.
- Copy entire package and keep signed copy.
In order to be eligible for a Mass CEC rebate, Projects must:
- Be installed by a manufacturer-trained installer, like N.E.T.R., Inc.
- Use the installed air-source heat pump (ASHP) for heating consistently throughout the winter.
- Have Eversource, National Grid, Unitil, or an eligible municipal light plant, as the electric provider.
- Include an ASHP from Mass CEC’s list of eligible equipment.
- Have a home energy audit from within the last four (4) years or have one scheduled within six (6) months of project completion. **
To apply for the Mass CEC rebate: Provide the following information to NETR, Inc and we’ll submit the rebate application:
- Project site address and rebate mailing address.
- An initialed and signed Residential Air- Source Heat Pump Participant’s Agreement.
- A copy of a recent month’s electric bill showing the “service for” address and the residential rate code.
- Complete Income-Verification, if applicable.
- * Full program requirements should be reviewed in the Program Manual.
- ** New Homes, and multifamily residences with more than 4 units do not require an energy audit. If you live in an area with a scheduling backlog, please submit an email confirming you are in queue for scheduling with your application. Please call us at 781-933-6387 to schedule.
- *** For the purposes of determining rebate levels, the Mass CEC uses the system’s maximum heating capacity (BTU/hr) at 5°F.
- **** To Receive an Income-Based Rebate, the homeowner must complete one of the accepted income verification methods. Please see the Program Manual (section 2.4) for more information about Income-Based Rebates and income verification methods.
Switching to ductless will save you money
Your energy bills will be lower and you will reduce your carbon footprint.
In addition to the best air conditioning you can possibly put in a home, one of the hidden incentives behind this program, and one of the main reasons they do these huge rebates on ductless systems, is the dramatic energy savings homeowners will see come the winter months.
Mitsubishi’s H2i heat pump inverter technology is a massive shift in heat pump capability and efficiency, especially for New England homeowners who got pummeled by this past winter. These Mitsubishi ductless systems will save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars just by supplementing your gas or oil heating system.
Mass Save Rebates