If you are an experienced HVAC Service Technician looking for your next big career opportunity, join us at N.E.T.R. Inc.
Our growing heating and refrigeration company in Boston, MA, is always looking to improve our team with hard-working, motivated individuals that are dedicated to providing the best experience for our customers.
HVAC Service Technician – Job Description
N.E.T.R. Inc., specializes in providing heating and cooling for residential and commercial clients. As an HVAC Service Technician, you will respond to service calls to repair and maintain various HVAC systems. You will be expected to work on the following equipment:
- Heating Units
- Ventilation Systems
- Air Conditioners
- Refrigeration Systems
- Cooling Equipment
- And more.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an HVAC Service Technician, you will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities during your everyday work:
- Respond to service calls for residential and commercial clients
- Diagnose a variety of problems with HVAC equipment, including mechanical and electrical issues, and perform repairs or maintenance as needed
- Acquired parts and supplies for repairs
- Calibrate equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Communicate clearly with customers about their systems’ problems and solutions
- Complete and verify documentation on all installations, including the following information:
- Serial Number
- Fuel Type
- Test Measurements
- Pictures – As Required
- Display a team-oriented mindset by:
- Providing training to new HVAC Service Technicians
- Reporting on the progress of new hires
- Aiding other technicians
- Maintaining a consistent work attendance
- Taking weekend service calls on a rotating basis
- Fairly dividing up weekend service calls by skill and workload
- Identifying new opportunities for growth for the company — I.E., new equipment innovations, potential clients, etc.
- Participate in training opportunities provided by N.E.T.R. Inc.
- Work independently to complete service calls promptly, ensure the job is done correctly the first time, and put the customer’s satisfaction first.
- Fill out and turn in daily and weekly timesheets
- Follow company procedures and safety rules
Qualifications and Expectations
If you can see yourself working in this fast-paced, customer-oriented company, then we want you on our team. We expect our employees to maintain a professional appearance and provide the best impression of our company whenever you are out on the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10-15 Years of Experience in HVAC Service and Repairs
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- EPA Universal Certification — Preferred, not required*
- Current OSHA 10-Hour Certificate
*If you are interested in these certifications but do not have them at this time, please let us know. We offer training in our facility.
- A Clean and Professional Appearance
- Clear Communication Skills
- Ability to Lift and Move Heavy Equipment Safely
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A Team-Player Mentality
- Willingness to Work Overtime to See a Job Done Well
- Basic Reading, Writing, and Mathematical Skills
- Ability to Problem-Solve
N.E.T.R. Inc., offers a competitive salary to our employees with possible bonuses and expects exceptional work ethic and professionalism in return. We pay overtime as time and a half for any hours worked after eight hours on the clock in a day.
We expect our team to look and act professionally and will provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
If you can see yourself as a part of our growing company, we’d love to hear from you. When you join N.E.T.R. Inc., you’ll be given the opportunity to work with a team that will help you build a successful career. Join our team today.