Finding a job that can help you build a successful career as an HVAC/Refrigeration Technician isn’t always easy. However, when you join the team at N.E.T.R., Inc., you’ll be surrounded by an experienced team that is dedicated to providing high-quality service and installations. Build your career with N.E.T.R., Inc., by joining our team today.
HVAC/Refrigeration Technician – Job Description
Here at N.E.T.R., Inc., in Boston, MA, we are a growing and thriving HVAC and refrigeration company that services residential and commercial clients throughout Massachusetts. As one of our HVAC and Refrigeration Technicians, you will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining a variety of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an HVAC and Refrigeration Technician, the following duties and responsibilities will be expected on an average workday:
- Respond to service calls from our dispatcher to maintain a concise and efficient schedule
- Travel to job sites
- Diagnose HVAC and refrigeration problems on-site for a diverse selection of equipment
- Design a solution and communicate with the customer the problems and solutions for their system
- Repair or replace broken or defective equipment, components, and wiring
- Maintain equipment stocked in the company vehicle, including parts, tools, safety equipment, and other components
- Document any equipment used by:
- Serial Number
- Fuel Type
- Test Measurements
- Pictures, As Requested
- Calibrate HVAC and refrigeration systems according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Test all equipment after repairs to ensure the system is in working order
- Display a team-oriented mindset by:
- Providing training to new HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians
- Reporting on the progress of new hires
- Maintaining a consistent work attendance
- Check-in with your project manager or installation coordinator at the start of shift and the end of shift
- Identify opportunities for the company to grow — I.E., new equipment, innovative technologies, etc.
- Work to ensure that a job is completed promptly and correctly the first time
- Complete and turn in daily and weekly timesheets
- Fill out, document, and scan work orders
- Follow company procedures, policies, standards, and safety rules
Qualifications and Expectations
At N.E.T.R., Inc., we are dedicated to providing our customers with a high-quality product and service. We expect our employees to demonstrate professionalism in every job, as they are the face of N.E.T.R., Inc., daily. Below are the qualifications and expectations we have for all our HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 Years of Experience in HVAC/Refrigeration Installation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Current OSHA 10 Hour Certificate
- DOT Medical Card
- A Clean and Professional Appearance
- Acquire and Maintain the Required Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to Lift and Move Heavy Equipment Safely
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A Team-Player Mentality
- Willingness to Work Overtime to See a Job Done Well
- Participate in Training Opportunities Provided by N.E.T.R., Inc.,
- Basic Reading, Writing, and Mathematical Skills
- Ability to Problem-Solve
N.E.T.R., Inc., offers a competitive salary to our employees with possible bonuses and expects exceptional work ethic and professionalism in return. We pay overtime as time and a half for any hours worked after eight hours on the clock in a day.
We expect our team to look and act professionally and will provide you with the tools you need to succeed. Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join N.E.T.R., Inc., and become a part of a team devoted to providing high-quality service to our customers by empowering our employees. Apply to become an HVAC and Refrigeration Technician with N.E.T.R., Inc., today.