How do I clean the filters in my Mitsubishi Electric ductless mini-split?
Here’s how you clean the air filters in your ductless mini-split heat pump or air conditioner:
- Open the front panel and lock it into place in the open position
- Remove the blue plastic air filter elements
- Remove the smaller allergen filters so you can clean them separately
- Clean both filter elements with water and a mild detergent
- Dry and replace the air filters
- Close and lock the cover by pressing down on the ends and the middle of the cover until you hear it snap back into the locked position.
Watch this video to see one of our awesome ductless installation technicians, Jeremiah, show you the process step by step!
0 thoughts on “How to clean the air filters in a ductless mini-split heat pump air conditioner”
Do you have to turn the breaker off before you clean the filter?
what way do the Functional Filters go into the unit, plastic mesh side out or in towards the units?
Hello Karen, thank you for your question! It does depend on the specific unit. For the Mitsubishi unit in the video, the mesh side was out and the plastic framing went against the unit. There also will be clips along the bottom edge to attach back into the unit, which will indicate with side goes in towards the unit coils.
Where can I find the carbon filter for purchasing for the Mitsubishi ductless air heat and fan system
Hello, if they did not come with the unit, you can find the carbon filters on any HVAC supply wholesale store or website.