Businesses like restaurants and grocery stores that need a great deal of cooling space of use custom commercial refrigeration solutions to offer their customers the freshest products.
However, choosing the right type of standing cooler for your business can be intimidating. Here’s what you should know before choosing an indoor or outdoor cooler.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Coolers for Commercial Refrigeration
An outdoor walk-in cooler is a standalone industrial refrigerator and commercial freezer that is built to be housed outside a business. One common use for an outdoor walk-in cooler is for pop-up food trucks and carnival food vendors.
Cold goods and ingredients can be kept in a separate space behind the booth, allowing pop ups to create an enticing storefront or food trucks to get more space to move around inside the prep area.
Pros of an Outdoor Commercial Cooler
- You’re less limited by space. If you need a huge cooler, you can get a huge cooler. You don’t have to worry about whether or not it will fit in the kitchen.
- Easier to maintain. If you have to troubleshoot your refrigeration system and it’s inside your place of business, this can make operations difficult. An outdoor walk-in cooler gives maintenance technicians easy access without disrupting your customers.
Cons of an Outdoor Commercial Cooler
- Obtaining items from the cooler quickly is less convenient. If you’re running a busy restaurant, going outside to the standing cooler to restock is troublesome at best.
- You may not be able to get what you need when you need it. In the above busy restaurant scenario, you may experience a sudden influx of business and need all hands on deck. This leaves no one to head outside to stock up on ingredients that get low throughout the shift.
Pros and Cons of an Indoor Walk-In Cooler
An indoor walk-in cooler is a standing cooler that is similar to an outdoor model with a few exceptions.
- Your business has easy access to all refrigerated items. Having prepped fresh meats and vegetables within reach is a must for Boston restaurants.
- Indoor coolers can be designed for maximum sales. If you own a grocery store, your custom refrigerators can be designed to showcase your products in the best lighting and persuade customers to buy.
- You have to choose a commercial refrigerator that fits within your space. If your restaurant is small, your indoor walk-in cooler will need to be small too.
- It takes extra work to prioritize items in your refrigerator. When using an indoor cooler, you need to make the most of the space you have and make sure you’re using the FIFO (First-In-First-Out) method to rotate perishable products. Finding places for everything can be challenging.
Contact N.E.T.R., Inc. Today for Trusted Commercial HVAC & Refrigeration Assistance Since 1989
Are you in need of a new restaurant refrigerator or industrial freezer? Or perhaps you are simply looking to upgrade your commercial refrigeration equipment to reduce carbon output, save energy, and provide the best products to your customers.
Either way, our team of expert technicians are skilled in commercial refrigeration repair, commercial HVAC, and more. We can help you find commercial fridge solutions that work for your business, delivering and installing them on time and within your budget.
Contact us today for more information by calling (781) 933-6387. We’ve been serving Boston businesses since 1989 and can provide you with the commercial refrigeration equipment you need on time and on budget.