Think Your Ductless HVAC Unit is Clean? Think Again!
If you change the filters of your ductless HVAC system regularly, you probably think your unit is clean.
Unfortunately, it’s probably not as clean as you’d like.
Even if you're diligent about DIY cleaning, ductless HVAC systems build up dirt, dust, mold, and grime in both the indoor and outdoor units. To safeguard your equipment and its efficiency, you should consider professional cleaning for your ductless system.
The Hidden Dangers of a Dirty Ductless Unit
A dirty ductless unit can be hazardous, causing:
- Mold buildup. If mold is growing in your ductless equipment, the spores are carried throughout your home every time you turn on your unit. Mold can cause irritated eyes, headaches, runny noses, sore throats, allergic reactions, and other respiratory issues.
- Health problems. Even if you don't have mold in your unit, you may encounter health issues due to dust, dander, and bacteria hidden in the unit. Children, elderly individuals, and those with respiratory conditions are at a higher risk.
- Dust accumulation. Dust that blows out of a dirty ductless unit lands on the surfaces of your home, exacerbating allergies and adding to your list of chores.
- Poor indoor air quality. When your ductless unit is dirty, everything inside is being pumped out into the air that you breathe every day, reducing the overall quality of your indoor air.
- Reduced efficiency. A clogged ductless unit cannot operate as efficiently as a clean one, wasting energy and driving up your electricity bills.
- Debris from a clogged unit can migrate to the drain pan. When it overflows, this can cause water to build up in your unit and lead to costly leaks.
- Expensive repairs. Dirt and grime causes your unit to work harder, decreasing its lifespan and increasing the cost of ownership.
Can’t I Just Clean My Filters?
Cleaning your filters is essential to safeguard your ductless equipment and your indoor air quality.
However, this step is not enough on its own.
When you operate your ductless HVAC system, small particulates squeeze through the filter and get lodged in the coil and other hard-to-reach parts of the ductless unit. If you don’t clean your filters regularly, the problem becomes even worse .
Introducing the N.E.T.R. Ductless Maintenance Plus Program feat. HydroKleen
To help you avoid the dangers of a dirty ductless HVAC system, N.E.T.R. is excited to offer state-of-the-art deep cleaning using HydroKleen technology. Safeguard your home, your air quality, and your ductless system by setting up an appointment today.
What Is HydroKleen?
HydroKleen is a comprehensive cleaning system for ductless HVAC units, mini splits, and window air conditioners. It relies on pressurized water and non-toxic cleaners to sanitize your system and remove mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria, skin cells, and other contaminants from every component of your ductless HVAC unit. This includes the barrel fan, chassis, drain pan, covers, and louvres of the indoor air handling unit, and the outdoor condenser.
How Does HydroKleen Work?
Before deep cleaning your ductless HVAC system with HydroKleen, the technician turns on the unit to check the air velocity and make sure it's operating properly. Then, they attach a catchment bag to the unit to catch the water and debris that will be generated by the cleaning process.
The technician removes the cover and louvre to access the inside of the unit. Then, they spray on non-toxic AerisGuard cleaners onto the unit and use a pressure washer wand to push water through the components of the system.
Typically, they start by cleaning the fins and the back of the chassis, followed by the back of the unit, the top drain, and the coil. To ensure the entire barrel fan gets clean, they spin the fan while cleaning this part, and then, they complete the process by cleaning any other interior parts and flushing out the debris that fell from the coil into the main drain.
Finally, they clean the the covers and louvres that were removed at the beginning of the process, and they replace everything and check air velocity and operation again.
After repeating this process on all indoor air handling units, the technician cleans the outside condenser unit using a very similar set of steps. Ultimately, HydroKleen technology returns your ductless unit to the same level of cleanliness it had when you first purchased the equipment.
What Makes HydroKleen Superior to Other Ductless HVAC Cleaning Methods?
HydroKleen is the only equipment designed specifically for cleaning ductless HVAC systems. This cleaning system gives your unit a deep and comprehensive clean that you cannot get with any other products. The process ensures that all contaminants are completely removed for your system to safeguard your home's air and your equipment.
AerisGuard cleaners use patented, non-hazardous multi-enzyme technology, to break down and digest the organic debris and other dirt. This is easily removed using a pressure cleaner.
AerisGuard Treatment is then applied to your unit to create a biostatic protective coating on the surface. This provides up to 12 months protection and is ideal as part of an annual ductless maintenance program.
Cleaner coils and surfaces result in improved airflow and more efficient heat exchange during the heating and cooling cycle. Not only does this mean lower running costs, it also delivers cleaner air and improved comfort.
What Does the Ductless Maintenance Plus Program Cost?
We know how important it is to keep your home safe, clean, and comfortable. We offer our Ductless Maintenance Plus Program feat. HydroKleen at two different price points:
November - February
- $139 for one indoor and one outdoor unit
- $59 for each additional indoor unit on a multi-zone system
March - October
- $199 for one indoor and one outdoor unit
- $99 for each additional indoor unit on a multi-zone system
Protect Your Health and Your Home -- Call N.E.T.R. Today
DIY ductless cleaning methods just aren’t enough to keep dangerous mold, mildew, dirt, and bacteria out of your home’s air. Keep your family safe, your utility bills low, and your ductless unit efficient by scheduling your Ductless Maintenance Plus appointment today.